January 1st (Tuesday)—New Year’s Day Observance
January 21th (Monday)—Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
February 18th (Monday)—President’s Day
April 19th (Friday)—Good Friday
May 27th (Monday)—Memorial Day
July 4th (Thursday)—Independence Day
September 2rd (Monday)—Labor Day
November 11th (Monday)—Veteran’s Day
November 27st (Wednesday)—Day Before Thanksgiving— Close at 3:00 pm
November 28nd (Thursday)—Thanksgiving Day
December 24th (Tuesday)—Christmas Eve
December 25th (Wednesday)—Christmas Day
December 31st (Tuesday)—New Year’s Eve
Obtaining library card:
- Library cards are free to all Butler County residents. You must show proof of address to get card. Acceptable proof includes: up-to-date P driver’s license, checkbook, rental agreement or utility bill. Patrons are asked to supply an identification number at registration.
- For children under 18, parent must present proof of address and sign for the child.Ã‚ Children can get their own cards. There is no age minimum for card.
- For those outside Butler County we offer two options:
If you have current library card from library in your home county, present the card and show us the blue ACCESS P sticker affixed to the back. We will then issue you card for free.
If you do not have home library card you may purchase one from us for $20.00.Ã‚ This card is good for one year and must be renewed, with the fee, after year. Such cards are kept on file here at the library.
- Replacing lost card will cost $2.50. Worn cards will be replaced at no cost.
Our borrowing periods:
- Periodicals – 7 days
- All books – 14 days
- Audiocassettes – 14 days
- Vertical file – 7 days.
- Video cassettes and DVDs – 3 days
- Newspapers – 1 day
- Overhead projector – 2 days
All other materials circulate for two weeks. Patrons can borrow up to 25 items per card. Materials placed on hold must be picked up within 3 business days.
Our fees are as follows:
Charges for checking out items:
- 50 cents or $1.00 for selected videos.
- $2.50 replacement card.
- $20.00 for non-resident card.
- $2.00 handling for lost or damaged items plus cost.
Late Fees Are:
- 25 cents /day for all overdue books and audio tapes.
- $1.00 day interlibrary loan overdues
- $1.00/day all videos and A-V items.
- $5.00/day on overdue typewriters.
Fines $5.00 and over result in suspension of borrowing.
Computer Usage Policy
Public Computer & Internet Usage Rules & Regulations are available at the Library. Printing: $.10 a page.
Meeting Room Use
Below is a summary of the Library’s meeting room use policy. For the complete policy, please visit the Library for a copy or call 724/452-9330 to have one mailed or faxed to you.
- Please call for availability of the room.
- No charge for non-profits organizations, but there is a suggested donation of $15.00.
- Fee for for-profit organizations: $40.00
- Time of scheduled meetings must correspond to regular library hours and the group or individual must vacate the meeting room by closing time.
- The meeting room is located on the library’s lower level. There is an elevator for handicapped access and restrooms adjacent to the meeting room.
- The library has one meeting room which seats 50 people. There are a limited number electrical outlets. A group using the meeting room may rearrange the tables and chairs, but then must return the room to its original condition prior to leaving. Walls may not be used for mounting or hanging pictures, displays, posters, etc.
- Refreshments may be served, but must be limited to soft drinks, one coffee urn, cookies and snacks. No cooking. No food removed from the room. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Smoking is prohibited.
- The library reserves the right to charge a fee for any needed repairs or cleaning. The library is not responsible for materials left on the premises.
- A representative is to check-in with library staff before each meeting and to check-out with a staff member before leaving after the meeting.
- Audiovisual equipment such as a large screen tv is available. Podium is available.
- Any advertisement for the meeting must include the following disclaimer: “The Zelienople Area Public Library is not sponsoring or endorsing this program or any goods or services offered”.
- Name, address or phone number of the library may not be used as the official contact or headquarters of any group, organization, or business.
- Events can reserved or canceled at the discretion of the director and trustees and can be canceled anytime for any reason.