We all feel very fortunate to live and work in the great communities that make up 16063, 16037 and the neighboring area. The Library is a big part of what makes our region special. Here are some of the things we can do for you to add to your quality of life:
NICHE ACADEMY! Niche Academy (via the link below) provides online tutorials covering the various online eResources that are available to you 24/7 through the Zelienople Area Public LIbrary website. Currently there are 38 eResource Databases available via the Zelie Library Website (to see a list, go to https://zelienoplelibrary.org/a-to-z-eresources/). These eResource databases include downloadable eBook databases, eAudiobook databases, eMagazine and ePeriodical databases, eNewspaper databases. The content of each eResource is tailored toward broad age groups–adults, teens and children. Examples of some of the available eResources for children include Bookflix, Trueflix and Tumblebook Library. For Older students and Adults– Academic OneFile, Gale Databases, Gale eBooks and Greenfile Environmental Database. You can easily research from home a product with online Consumer Reports. There are also entertainment resources including Flipster for online magazines, Libby for eBooks and eAudios, and Hoopla for streaming film, television, music, audio and eBooks. Learn more about each of the resources via a Niche Academy Tutorial–one click will get you started!
- Our shelves hold a vast collection of reading and viewing material for all ages and tastes. We concentrate on supplying our patrons with bestselling fiction by well known mystery, suspense, fantasy and romance authors We also carry westerns, historical romance and classics in both paperback and hardback formats. Award winning nonfiction covering a variety of subjects such as history, health and hobbies are also one of our focuses.
- Our collection also includes DVDs, music CDs, books on CD and MP3, murder mystery game kits, story quilts and other items.
- Make sure to check out the Jennifer Adham Children’s Library on our lower and our Teen Tomorrow Room on the main floor, if you haven’t visited those areas recently.
- If a title you desire is not available on our shelves or not owned in the form you would like we can request regular print, large print, sound recordings and DVDs through the Butler County Federated Library System and through the ACCESS PA statewide network. Ask a staff member or volunteer how to request an item
- The Library is here to help you with all your professional and personal technology needs.
- We have free wi-fi available throughout the building. Just ask for the password.
- We have several computers available for patrons to use to complete word processing, excel and other office suite tasks.
- Printing fees for our computers are .15 for black and white copies and .50 for color copies. You may also use a flash drive to save a project and take with you. If you don’t have a flash drive one can be purchased from the Library for $3.00. We do not currently offer printing from your personal device, you must be logged onto a Library computer.
- We also have a color copier that can do a variety of functions such as reduce and enlarge. Black and white copies are .20, color copies .50. Various paper sizes are available including letter, legal and 11×17. You may also use a flash drive on our copier. Preferred format is pdf. Our copier accepts nickels, dimes, quarters and one dollar bills. You may also ask the staff to activate the bypass key if you are making several copies and you can pay at the conclusion of your print job with cash, check or credit card. $5.00 minimum for credit/debit transactions.
- The Library also offers faxing service for patrons. Cost to send a fax is $1.00 per page.
- If you are currently taking a course or need to do some continuing education for your career, Library staff is happy to proctor online or print tests for you as a free service. Please call ahead to make arrangements to have testing overseen.
- If you are unemployed or underemployed and need assistance developing a new resume, filing for unemployment or searching for a job, we can help make the process less stressful. Please call 724/452-9330 to set up an appointment with a staff member to get started on your new start.
- Do you belong to a group that needs meeting space or do you need a neutral location to share information about your business or other endeavors? The Library has meeting space available. Our Community Meeting Room on the lower level seats 50 and has a smart TV, DVD/Blu-ray player and a podium. Our Teen Tomorrow Room on the main floor can be used for smaller groups and also has a smart TV and DVD player to use. Suggested donation for meeting room use is $15.00 for non-profit groups, $40.00 rental fee for profit meetings. Elevator available to lower level. Meetings scheduled during regular Library hours and around Library scheduled events. For more information our meeting room usage see our policy page.
SPECIAL CURBSIDE SERVICES
- The Library hosts many monthly activities that are open to patrons of all ages that you may be interested in. These include: Tai Chi Classes, Chess Club, Adult Craft Night, Creative Writing Club and German and Spanish Conversation Hours. See our events page for more information.
- We also have special events and speakers scheduled throughout the year that present programs to improve your life and spark your interest through basic literacy, information literacy, health literacy, civic and social literacy and financial literacy.
- Ask about our book groups. We have three adult groups, a teen club and a summer kids club.
With Your Library Card – Subscription Resources:
- With your Library card, you can also download free ebooks and eaudios to your smart phone or other device. Click here to get started with overdrive.com. Download the Libby app for quick, easy access. A service available to all member libraries of the New Castle Library District.
- Visit the Butler County Federated Library site for more ways to use your card online including other ebooks and eaudio options and Mango language learning with over 70 languages to chose from.
- A fantastic repository for audiobooks, movies, music, ebooks, comics, and television, Hoopla contains many popular, well-known, and current titles in this vast array of entertainment options. Download their app or follow or use the link above .